news & research
Northern Beaches Neurology leading the way in Nerve and Muscle Diagnostics and Ultrasounds
Using an ultrasound can help pin point the exact location of your injury and thus help speed up your diagnosis and subsequent recovery – we think that offers our patients a huge advantage with managing treatment plans.
Ultrasound is harmless and painless and provides excellent detail of nerve and muscle structures. It provides valuable information on the structure of nerve and muscle and is complementary to the results of nerve conduction studies and EMG.
Ultrasound may be able to identify the precise cause and location of nerve or muscle injury. Ultrasound is also useful to guide treatments such as nerve or muscle injections, as it can visualise the needle so that the injection is placed accurately.
Ultrasound testing may be useful when nerve conduction studies and EMG have not found the cause for the symptoms, when nerve injury is progressing rapidly or when atypical features are present. It is also useful for those patients who are unable to tolerate nerve conduction studies.
RECENT POSTS & TIPS
- Headache Diary
- Sleep Deprived EEGs
- Neurological Testing Booklet
- Neurological testing workshop for GPs; Tuesday 29th October
- Experts in the world of Neurology
- Come and see us at our new clinic - Northern Beaches Hospital
- What is a NCS, NCV, EEG, EMG and what on earth does a neurophysiology technician do?
- Northern Beaches Neurology leading the way in Nerve and Muscle Diagnostics and Ultrasounds