news & research
Management of Nerve Injuries- for GPs
Symptoms related to peripheral nerve injury are common in general practice. Dr Neil Simon has written a practical guide for GPs, published in Medical Republic, providing tips and tricks to use for diagnosis and management of nerve injuries. The article can be accessed through the link HERE.
More detailed discussions of investigation and management of nerve trauma can be found in Dr Simon’s article written for the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry
The neurologists at Northern Beaches Neurology can assist you with advice on management of your patients with nerve injury and nerve conduction studies and nerve ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.
Figure: Flow chart detailing a suggested diagnostic and decision-making process in patients with nerve trauma. EMG, electromyography; DTT, diffusion tensor tractography. (From Simon et al. JNNP, 2016)
RECENT POSTS & TIPS
- Northern Beaches Neurology welcomes new Neuropsychologist
- Christmas & New Year Hours 2020/2021
- World Federation of Neurology Newsletter
- What is a Neurologist?
- Patient Feedback form
- Coronavirus Update at Northern Beaches Neurology as of the 10th September 2020
- Migraine Treatment Update
- Botox for Spastcity- for GPs
- Management of Nerve Injuries- for GPs
- How to deal with Migraines