news & research
Sydney Sweat Clinic at Northern Beaches Neurology
Sydney Sweat clinic now open
Northern Beaches Neurology has opened a new sweat clinic that will be focusing on the treatment of hyperhidrosis using injection therapy- Sydney Sweat clinic.
Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) can be a stressful and embarrassing condition but there are treatments available to manage the condition.
We will treat all types of Hyperhidrosis and with a GP referral we will bulk bill any severe primary axillary (underarm) hyperhidrosis.
If you are suffering from hyperhidrosis, try these things first:
- Use ‘clinical strength’ antiperspirants
- Wear natural fabrics (eg cotton, wool or silk)
- Manage stress and anxiety with relaxation techniques
If you are still experiencing troublesome sweating discuss these options with your doctor:
- Botulinum toxin (Botox®) injections. This is a safe and effective treatment of all types of hyperhidrosis. Axillary (underarms), sweating of the hands, feet, head and face.
- Prescription cream (glycopyrrolate) can be helpful for excessive sweating of the face and head. This can however be quite expensive.
- Oral medications can reduce sweating. Anti-cholinergic agents such as Benztropine reduce sweating but can also cause dry mouth, light headedness, blurred vision, and fatigue.
- Surgical treatments and other devices are sometimes considered in treatment resistant cases
For more information or to book an appointment go to www.sydneysweatclinic.com.au
RECENT POSTS & TIPS
- World Federation of Neurology Newsletter
- What is a Neurologist?
- Patient Feedback form
- Coronavirus Update at Northern Beaches Neurology as of the 10th September 2020
- Migraine Treatment Update
- Botox for Spastcity- for GPs
- Management of Nerve Injuries- for GPs
- How to deal with Migraines
- Headache Diary
- Sleep Deprived EEGs