news & research
Sleep Deprived EEGs
Sleep Deprived EEG Guidelines
Children up to 18 months:
Child should be woken 1-2 hrs earlier than normal and keep awake until the study (especially during the car trip), try and book appointment during a sleep time
Children 18 months to 3 years:
Lose 3 hours sleep and book around the time of a morning sleep.
Children 4-12 years:
Lose half of their regular sleep, for an 8am or 9am apt. Put the child to bed 1-2hrs later than usual and get them up no later than 3am. Alternatively a 1pm appointment can be booked, the child will need to go to bed 1 hour later and get up at 4am and stay awake. No caffeine or sugary lolllies etc as sleep needs to be captured.
Lose half of sleep getting up no later than 2-3am. Appointments to be made at 8am or 9am. No caffeine from midnight. Do not drive to your appointment. No video games (as this may provoke an event)
** For special needs children please arrange with reception to speak with our technician.
RECENT POSTS & TIPS
- Migraine Treatment Update
- Botox for Spastcity- for GPs
- Management of Nerve Injuries- for GPs
- How to deal with Migraines
- Headache Diary
- Sleep Deprived EEGs
- Neurological Testing Booklet
- Neurological testing workshop for GPs; Tuesday 29th October
- Experts in the world of Neurology
- Come and see us at our new clinic - Northern Beaches Hospital