news & research
Northern Beaches Neurology welcomes new Memory Psychologist
In recognising the importance of supporting the cognitive and mental health needs of your patients, we wanted to inform you of our new complementary neuropsychological/psychological service, which affords patients access to comprehensive neurological care utilising a multidisciplinary approach under the one location.
We recently welcomed Ashley Young to join us as a Clinical Neuropsychologist registrar and registered General Psychologist.
Ashley’s expertise lies in neuropsychological assessment of adults and older adults across a broad range of neurological, medical and psychiatric conditions. She also works with a wide range of psychological issues using evidence-based non-pharmacological treatment interventions (i.e., Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Motivational Interviewing).
We are now able to provide the following service:
- Individual Neuropsychological Assessment for adults and older adults who have progressive and non-progressive neurological, psychiatric and medical conditions (i.e. neurodegenerative disorders, traumatic brain injury, stroke, epilepsy, CNS infections, substance abuse, mood disorders) and related psychological distress.
- Individual Psychological Assessment and Therapy to support adults and older adults experiencing mild to moderate mental health issues including those who are presenting with depression, anxiety, sleep disturbance, grief and loss, transition and adjustment issues (i.e. physical changes, major life changes), mild cognitive and behavioural changes, and personality issues.
- Individual psychological therapy for patient’s families around symptoms and management advice for brain injury.
- Group Cognitive Rehabilitation, using an empirically validated 6-week memory training program (currently used in several major state hospitals and university research centres/clinics) to improve everyday memory abilities and support health and well-being for a variety of patients with non-progressive neurological disorders (i.e. stroke, epilepsy, Mild cognitive impairment) and subjective everyday memory complaints.
For more information or to make a booking please email email@example.com or call 9982 2270
RECENT POSTS & TIPS
- Why Audiology and Neurology work hand in hand
- Northern Beaches Neurology welcomes new Memory Psychologist
- Christmas & New Year Hours 2020/2021
- World Federation of Neurology Newsletter
- What is a Neurologist?
- Patient Feedback form
- Coronavirus Update at Northern Beaches Neurology as of the 10th September 2020
- Migraine Treatment Update
- Botox for Spastcity- for GPs