Dr Jonathan Curtis
Dr Jonathan Curtis
Dr Jonathan Curtis has been Director of Neurosurgical Services at Northern Beaches Hospital since its inception and has overseen its notable development and expansion of neurosurgical services, now encompassing a full spectrum of spinal, cranial and endovascular services. Dr Curtis graduated from the University of Sydney in 1996 and was awarded his FRACS (Neurosurgery) in 2004. He was then selected for an advanced overseas Fellowship in Seattle, USA, at the Swedish Neuroscience Institute, where he subspecialised in open vascular and endovascular techniques in the management of aneurysms and AVMs, carotid surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery and instrumented spine fusion techniques, as well as complex skull base work for tumours. Returning to Sydney in 2007, Dr Curtis dedicated himself to servicing Sydney, the Central Coast, and the South Coast regions, with hospital appointments at North Shore Private, Royal North Shore and Gosford Private hospitals.
Dr Curtis is passionate about empowering his patients to make well-informed decisions, committed to ensuring their genuine understanding of the complex pathological issues faced through clear communication and a thorough assessment of all potential surgical and non-surgical management options. Dr Curtis’ dual training in both conventional neurosurgery and newer, minimally invasive techniques enables him to consider an expansive spectrum of treatment options for spinal and neurovascular conditions.
His specialty interests include:
- Full spectrum spinal surgery, ranging from minimally invasive decompressions involving a discectomy or laminectomy (for disc prolapse/nerve compression/sciatic pain etc) to single or multi-level instrumented fusion surgery and/or disc replacement surgery (for spine instability/discogenic back or neck pain etc).
- Brain and spine tumour surgery for benign or malignant tumours, including pituitary surgery.
- Diagnostic cerebral angiograms; open microsurgical (“clipping”) or closed endovascular (“coiling”) treatment options for aneurysms and AVMs.
- Treatment of CSF circulation disorders.
- Management of traumatic brain or spinal injury.
- Peripheral nerve surgery/decompressions.
Please visit Dr Curtis’ website for more information regarding clinical services and expertise.
To book an appointment with Dr Curtis, please email email@example.com or phone (02) 9460 9216.